About This Project
Insalata di sedano
- 1 Kg celeriac
- Extra vergin olive oil
- sprigs of fresh lemon thyme
- sea salt
- Shave off the celeriac ends and throw them away,
- then use your knife to peel away the outside skin,
- cutting away any cracks and crannies as you go.
- Once you’ve cut the edge you’ll be able to see the thickness of the skin you need to peel away.
- Chop the celeriac up into slices, then into rough 1cm cubes.
- Put a casserole-type pan on a medium-high heat and add a lug of olive oil.
- Rip in the lemon thyme, then go straight in with the diced celeriac and a generous pinch of salt.
- Turn the heat down to medium, pop the lid on and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender.
- Make sure you keep it moving – you want it to fry lightly from the bottom, and kind of steam in its own moisture.
- Serve it up blonde.